Padd Solutions

Converted by Falcon Hive

Fanboy:

I thought we could talk about our favorite music videos! I love watching MVs. I'll start...

  • TVXQ - The "Rising Sun" (Japanese) is easily one of my favorite videos ever. The choreography blew me away, and it was nice to see DBSK in a different light. You know, "grinding on bitches". (I like the Korean one for its theatrical effect it gives too) Plus, I love Jaejoong's t-shirt "Fuckin' My Way". So simple and hilarious. :) I also love the "Break Out" and "Wrong Number" music videos. I like videos that have neat stories to them or have something interesting with them. They're really memorable to me.
  • BoA - I personally love her dance music videos for their amazing choreography. These include: "Sweet Impact" (I love her homage to Michael Jackson, and the first minute of the video makes me think of Tron, haha), "Eat You Up", "Energetic" (I love the colors in this video. They're very striking. And it's such a shame she didn't make it here in America. I love this music. Tragedy), and "Eien".
  • SHINee - "Lucifer" - Well, I already told you that this is one of my favorite songs of 2010. I've watched this video like a hundred times. It makes no sense whatsoever, but I always thought it was neat-looking video. Really wished they released a dance edit or 3D version of this.
  • Big Bang - "Haru Haru" - Like I mentioned earlier, I like videos that have neat stories, and this video really intrigued me.
  • 2NE1 - "Go Away" - I thought the story this video was neat, and the car blowing up in the background was very cliché, but it made me laugh.
  • 2AM - "I Did Wrong" - When I first watched this video, it was some sort of extended drama that I found much more interesting. I can't seem to find it anymore, so this will do, haha. This is my favorite 2AM song, and again, I like MVs that have stories too. (Don't get me wrong, I'm a sucker for the dancing ones too)
  • Super Junior - "It's You". I thought the whole drama and one-take concept was really neat. Shame that SM seems to lack in better quality music videos in terms of storyline and/or content. But this one (and "Wrong Number") are standouts for me from SM.
I'm pretty open-minded. What are your favorites?


Fangirl:


I liked SuJu's "It's You", except for the costumes. I know they're just supposed to look like normal, every-day guys, but they just ended up looking... frumpy. Totally with you on BoA's 'Eat You Up' - dynamic and badass. Only one moment in the MV annoys me and that is when that dude's glasses explode. It's such a silly moment, it almost kills the atmosphere for me. You're right that the Lucifer MV doesn't make much sense, but it looks damn good doing it (and there really should be a dance version! Phooey).

Here are some of my favorites:
  • Taeyang - Wedding Dress - Pretty much everything about this MV is dynamite: the story line, the color tone, the choreography, the sets. I can't even complain about the costumes. And it helps that the song is amazing.
  • BEAST - Shock - I feel like this was the song where BEAST really hit it off, and for good reason. The visuals and the editing are right on target. There's nothing especially unique about it (except maybe those slithering wires), but it takes the usual and does it WELL.
  • Epik High - Fan - Epik High have some amazing music videos, but I dare say this one is the best. So damn creepy.
  • Narsha - Bbir-Ri-Bo-Pa - Sexy, slightly weird and completely engaging. I love the fairytale imagery.
  • TVXQ - Wrong Number - I think everyone agrees this is one of their best. It was also the first MV where I was there the moment it was released. The fan frenzy was incredible!


Fanboy:

Glad we agree on some of the MVs. "Shock" is a neat one, but I just can't get past the "Everyday I shuck!" I've never really sampled Epik High's catalog yet, but I've always liked Tablo when he was featured with other artists. "Fan" was nuts. I liked it though. "Wedding Dress" is really great. I agree. I forgot about that one. That Narsha video was ridiculous. I remember when it premiered, but I never watched it. It made me think of Twilight and The Ring.

What are you favorite music videos?

(0) Comments

Post a Comment