Padd Solutions

Converted by Falcon Hive

Fangirl:

So to start off, let's choose songs we think are underrated! Here's mine:
  • Super Junior - Why I Like You - One of the reasons I think the Sorry Sorry album is so good. There are some stinkers on there too, but this song really elevates the quality.
  • TVXQ - All in Vain - Many huge TVXQ fans have never even heard of this song, which is a great pity. It showcases some of Micky's best vocal work. I love the darkness and the jazziness, very usual for K-pop. It was part of soundtrack years ago~
  • BoA - Bump Bump - Why didn't this song get more attention than it did? This is a great song! Dare I say... better than her American songs?
  • Infinite - Come Back Again - I think this was one of the best songs of 2010, and from a rookie group no less. Seriously underrated.
  • TVXQ - Love After Love - The harmony in this song just blows my mind, it's so lovely. The rapping... not so much. But still an underrated song.
  • Taeyang - After You Sleep - Subject matter aside, I think this is just a really gorgeous song. I love how the beat kicks in around the 50 second mark.
Alright, Fanboy! What do you think of that?


Fanboy:

I love "Why I Like You". It is underrated. They only performed it like 2 times, and it's actually on my iPod in my car. So yeah, you're right, I've never heard "All in Vain". I like Micky in that genre more. He did well in "My Girlfriend". It had that nice throwback style that made it refreshing to listen to in this current age of pop music. My ELF friend is in love with Infinite. She wants me to do a video of them. Have you seen their recent dance battle? I was surprised at the Far East Movement and Justin Bieber dance. They really pulled it off. Very impressive. As a group, not just the song, they are very underrated. I get a lot of subscribers who are like, "I haven't checked out anyone after SHINee." BEAST is good too. There's some good rookie talent.

I didn't mind "Love After Love". It was a different sound and vocal approach for them that I once again found refreshing. Ok, BoA-bias Alert: One of things I always appreciated about BoA was the fact that she has experimented with SO MANY different styles of music. She has so many sounds, it's crazy. "Romance" - jazz ballad, "Rock With You" - rock, "Do the Motion" - some strange French sound, "Valenti" - sounds Latin to me, "Quincy" - sounds disco to me, haha. There's so many more to list. Now you mention "Bump Bump!", I'll be honest, I was never a fan of that song, but I appreciated the new sound she played with for that song. The trumpets and stuff. I preferred "Possibility" off of that album.

Here's my list of underrated songs:
  • BoA - "Be the One". This is hands down my favorite song by her. This was her 4th single off of her "Love and Honesty" album in 2004, so it never achieved the same success as her previous ones. It's like that with all the albums in America (Unless you're Janet Jackson's Rhythm Nation - 7 top 5 singles off of one album. Most for any album in America. There's some "A-Pop" facts for you, haha). The album had run its course, so the song never really got the recognition it deserved. But yeah, my favorite BoA song. :)
  • SHINee - "Forever or Never". There's an English version of this song too by Cinema Bizarre. This is one of my top favorite SHINee songs ever. It's overshadowed by their popular hits and the popular tracks off the first album such as "SHINee World" or "Romantic".
  • TVXQ - "Phantom". I wish they performed this song more. I like the choreography for it too. Again, it's overlooked by "O" and "Balloons" or even "Get Me Some" (I liked this song just by the title alone, haha). This song was one of the standouts to me off the album.
  • f(x) - "Mr. Boogie". This was one of their promotional songs in 2010, but never got the recognition or popularity it deserved because fans were so angry that Amber wasn't there. *rolls eyes* It was always so annoying reading comments like, "I won't listen to f(x) until Amber comes back!" Personally, my favorite member is Luna. She's beyond talented. Her vocal ability is easily one of the best in the industry. The girl stole the show on SHINee's "Lucifer" remix at the SBS Gayo. And then the next night, she outdanced Taemin and Key (and Krystal) in the "Lucifer"/"Nu ABO" remix dance intro. A lot of people say she's the "next BoA," and she should have gone solo. She, as an artist, is highly underrated, sadly. She's overshadowed by Amber's androgyny, Victoria's beauty, and/or Krystal. Shame.


Fangirl:

I guess I gotta study up on my BoA. I don't know any of the songs you listed there >.< I really only know her most recent stuff. But I loved SHINee's Forever or Never! Something about that song just immediately hit all the right places. How have I not heard that song before? I guess I gotta study up on my SHINee too~ I agree with you on "Phantom" too. It's a really catchy song and I dunno why more people don't like it. Maybe it's just too old and new fans haven't heard it before?

Can't say I'm really feeling "Mr. Boogie", though. I generally don't like girl groups that much and f(x) is no exception. They haven't really caught my attention with anything. Luna seems talented, but she really needs to stop crying every time she's not the best singer in the room.


What do you think are underrated songs in K-pop?

(3) Comments

  1. ~JustinPerky~ On February 22, 2011 at 12:13 AM

    Clazziquai's songs are totally underrated but I think they deserve the attention :D My favourites are "Love Mode" "Tell Yourself" "Be My Lover" "Romeo and Juliet"

     
    MrCKDexter On February 22, 2011 at 12:44 AM

    Hey Justin! FANGIRL here.

    You are so right about Clazziquai! Can you believe it's already been two years since Mucho Punk? Far too long~

    It's hard to pick my favorite Clazzi songs, but if I had to choose just three...
    They would be "Lover Boy", "Ping", and "Come To Me".

     
    ~JustinPerky~ On February 24, 2011 at 5:44 AM

    Hey FANGIRL! :D Haha yeah! Time flies huh? I want another album from them! But I guess it would take like forever >.<

    Oh! Lover Boy! :D I love that song too! Haha..it's so hard to find Clazziquai's fans since they are super duper underrated. Thank goodness you're a fan of theirs too! :D

     

Post a Comment